Friday, January 4, 2008

So Much Has Happened...

The last time I wrote, the leaves on the maple trees were just turning that magic shade of pale apple green, and the sunlight whispered breezy dapples through them onto the warming earth. The sap had been running now for a couple of weeks, and the phoebe had returned from warmer climes to bring her sing-song call back to our woods. That was April. My Mum died suddenly in July, which completely rocked my foundation. Strange. Was I so thankful that she didn't suffer for more than a few hours? Was I devasted at her loss? Was I relieved for her that she died before becoming completely dependant on others, one of her worst dreads? To this day, I can't fathom it all. There have been a couple of times that I have picked up the phone to give her a call, and once even dialling all 15 numbers, and only when there was no answer did I realize the folly of it all. (In England, the house keeps the number, not the person.) I have been more thrilled for her than saddened by her death, and that really surprises me! My mother, the wonderful woman who carried me, birthed me, nursed me and gave me the best childhood anyone could ask for, along with my 5 brothers and sisters, is no more here on earth, but is gone to her eternal bliss with her beloved Pip, my darling Dad, and my children's precious Gapher. It all seems perfect, that's all.

1 comment:

Hanushka said...

And now you can take them both into the woods with you when you go there... xoxo love you Mama