Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Joys of Solitude

It's so quiet here. Every now and again, Sadie, who's lying on the carpet in front of the fire, starts chasing squirrels, at least, that's what I think she doing. All her legs are moving in a running motion, and her upper lips are quivering. She must nearly have caught up to them because she's actually talking to them! Exquisite little squeaks and grunts, oh no, could that be a growl? Run. squirrels, run! How peaceful it all is. It's like a gift of time all wrapped up in the prettiest paper and ribbons. Time to read. Time to write. Time to think. Time to just be. Time to practice my songs for 'HONK!' and my lines, out loud! I can do what I want when I want. I can eat what I want when I want. I can sleep in when I want, which normally isn't something I like to do, but this is catch up time, having been under the weather lately. It's all really wonderful...and yet: I miss you!

No comments: