Monday, April 23, 2007

Mummy and Daughters Time

It's Monday, and today I'm driving Emi's Zipper Ripper back to Burlington to spend a few days with the girls, while Kevin flies to Fort Wayne.I rolled out of bed very early this morning, because I had to beat the squirrels, goldfinches, chickadees and their ilk to the feeders. Last night I made the intelligent decision to start bringing in the feeders at night, so that the naughty raccoons don't steal them in the middle of the night and take them off down the hill, and, too, the vastly expensive sunflower seed hearts may last a little longer. So, wearing my trusty flannel nightie and cold weather boots, I hung the feeders. A few weeks ago, I found the feeder on the ground, just a little way from where it fell, and right under the twig from which it hung was a splash of crimson blood! Who's blood? His wife's?
We took Cooper to obedience training this evening: lesson # 1. He baptized the training ground with a gallon of excitement, which then had to mopped. One poor dog named Lucy, was expelled before she even started. Couldn't stop barking, and was put in the naughty corner. Cooper did all the required tricks,and I felt that Emi excelled in her very first obedience class. Cooper was totally exhausted, and very full of treats.
Soe came over to hang out with us, she brought the cheese.
Tomorrow we shall begin designing the garden...

No comments: