Friday, May 2, 2008

Leeks in a Row

Lately, I've been feeling slightly discombobulated, and until today, I haven't quite understood why. And now I know. By the time the sun set this evening, all the onion plants were in: red, and 2 different yellows; the tiny leeks are all dibbled in, lined up like soldiers in 2 very straight lines, and Larry sowed the peas under the fence, and finished tilling the new beds out back. Ahh! Peace, at last.

Tomorrow, Spates will deliver the 4 hybrid roses I ordered, and any day now, Eric will bring the bushes and a load of triple milled mulch, and our sunken garden out back will be well on the way to completion. A cozy place to barbeque and relax in the hammock, enjoying friends, being quiet.

Tonight, I shall sleep the sleep of the blest, knowing that I have all my (ducks) leeks in a row. God's in His heaven, all's right with the world.

No comments: