Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Face-lift for the Manor House

This is the corner in the back of the house where I was born where I spent hours and hours...it looks slightly overgrown now, but the memories are still quite bright. You can see how close to the house the church is...were you to dig down under this room with the tiny window you'd come upon a secret underground passage from our house to the church, used by monks centuries before in an effort to evade the cruel soldiers of Oliver Cromwell!
Here is Mummy's rose garden, shaped in the likeness of a Celtic Cross...It has been kept up most beautifully...

And here is the new back of the Manor...I really like it! The coal shed has gone, and the whole thing looks more open and welcoming. Mum and Dad would both be delighted at the renovations! Looks like a great day for the Marston Magna Village Fete in the Manor Gardens!


3 comments:

Penelope said...

Looks lovely Maman. Do you think I could get Uncle Michael to make me another plate of Marston Magna Manor? Or are there extras somewhere? You know how Emi's broke? Well, it was actually mine...

Unknown said...

I have one for you, Soe, I just have to find it! It won't have you name on it though, that's the only sadness... :(

Unknown said...

I dont even have one :( mine was looked after by Mum and Dad until I had my own place and had dissapeared when I did...